Friday, April 17, 2009

Fridays Daily Lift and Bread

So yesterday was Carly's viewing, hence why things were not updated here, it was tough to have a clear mind.

To make up for it, I will do a post later this evening about my schedule for how I split my meals and what I do for eating.

Breakfast: Clint Eastwood Eggs.

-1 whole egg, 2 egg whites
-1/4th cup chopped up white onions and scallions. (I fry these up first with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, then add eggs)
- After I get it all fried up, I add some hot sauce to give it a spice.

I ate it with a slice of 100% whole wheat bread, toasted.

Then had a handful of grapes to finish breakfast.

Fitness:

Warm up (jogs, jumping jacks, burpees)

HIIT day. Jumped rope baby. I absolutely love jump rope.

-I basically did what is in my last Tuesdays blog for the jump rope intervals, except a little more intense today since I was feeling so good.

Ended with a body weight mini circuit

1a) Balistic lunges
2b) criss-cross mountain climbers
3c) Judo-pushups.

20-30 seconds each with maximum effort, rest 45 seconds, repeat circuit 3-5 times.

Cool down.


Faith:

Let us use a quote today.

“I knew that I had come face to face with some one whose mere personality was so fascinating that, if I allowed it to do so, it would absorb my whole nature, my whole soul, my very art itself.” -Oscar Wilde



This is an incredible quote. Not one one I simply value so much, but one that should explain some of the true sincerity of Christianity as well. Stop the persecution of others. Stop screaming and just be you. LEAD BY EXAMPLE. Just leading an example for your faith, beliefs, etc should be enough for people to look at you and go 'woah, something is different about that person'. Some of the best times I have got to witness to people, has simply been by smiling at them. Not even mentioning God stuff.

It does not always take cue words, actions, plans, dates, or whatever for you to be a great person. Granted, we're going to have our down days. We're not going to be a great example/happy every single day, it's just not possible. If it was, what would be the use of life on earth? We have to struggle sometimes. Without sorrow and down days, how would we know happiness and good days. Each agonist, has it's antagonist.

So let us remember to just smile, most importantly, JUST BE YOU. Don't try to be 'more like Jesus' because we'll never be .001% of him. Granted, we strive to be better, but I don't really care for the whole WWJD expression. We can't proclaim to know an action a God would take, if we knew, we'd be as all knowing/powerful as him, so stop. We're going to mess up. We're humans. Just shine bright, and let the example you lead/your lifestyle be a light in the world and your witness at times.

Be blessed, be filled with joy. Be glad the weather has been getting better by the day. Most of all, have a fabulous weekend. Check back later for another post/stay tuned for tomorrows!

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment