Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday 4-20

It was a combination of a slow/recovering weekend from all the hardships going down in my life at the moment, but still pushing through.

Breakfast: I've got smoothie moves. (Smoothie)

Smoothies are an amazing way to get you ticking in the morning and a HUGE secret weapon to blow torching body fat for loosing weight. (I know I know, I am not not fat, but I enjoy a smoothie once in a while in the AM).

1 cup skim milk
1/3rd plane yogurt
4-5 Strawberries (mine were pretty large sized ones frozen)
1/2 cup Wild Blackberries (You can also use blueberries or raspberries)
Tbps of whey powder (preferably vanilla)
1 tbsp olive oil (you won't taste it, don't worry. Just for adding some good mono fats)

Throw it all in a blender and puree. Optional moon walking while drinking it.

Guzzle a bunch for breakfast, save a little bit for an afternoon snack.


Fitness:

Upper body split today. Meaning a series of work outs that target major (and most) upper body muscle groups. (Wednesday will be a lower body split assuming I am not dead from HIIT tomorrow).

1a) Parallel Grip Chin Up
1b) Dumbbell Clean & Press
2a) Incline Dumbbell Row (Elbows Out)
2b) Incline Dumbbell Press
3a) Close Grip Bench Press
3b) Reverse Grip incline Bench Press (Brutalllll)


Faith:

1 Peter 1:8-9 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Maybe more or less directed towards active believers, but let us briefly examine this.

Nobody ever said being a Christian would be easy. No one ever said that this was a faith full of only joy, peace, happiness, etc. We're going to have some nasty days. All in about the same week, I have experienced finding out my aunt has congestive heart failure, my good high school friend passed away, and my dad has a tumor on his femur.

What's this have to do with today's reading? Faith. I still love God and believe in him with all my heart. I still have all the faith possible in him. Through these tests and fires, I still stand strong. I always will. NO ONE will ever change my mind about God. This is the kind of faith we should have. If someone walks up to you and says 'hey, I've got proof God is real' I would still say I don't want it. If we had proof, what would be the use of us grasping onto 'faith'?

So let us keep the faith friends and family. Stay strong. Never back down. We will be tested and tried. There will be hard times. But we'll get through.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”


Have a wonderful week everybody. Push onward and stay strong.

-Adam

1 comment:

  1. hahaha optional moonwalk! fairly solid faith section. i feel like some people might misinterpret you as being condescending and saying you were trying to imply "I'm Adam and my faith is the right kind, everyone should be like me." I understand that's not at all what you meant, but I could see SOME nay-sayers overanalyzing like that. just some constructive criticism. Overall, I will always support the shit out of "stay strong. never back down. keep your chin up" and you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete